The Bug is on the road to recovery after his tonsillectomy, but, not surprisingly, he has been demanding a good chunk of my time. That plus Baby Smiles has made blogging a bit of a challenge the past week or so. Luckily I have awesome friends to help me out. Like today, Sandra from Vegan Mother Hubbard has stopped by with some Chili-Lime Sweet Potato Home Fries!
Sandra is a mom of adorable twin girls, and makes fabulous vegan recipes, like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, Slow Cooker Chili, and Creamy Pumpkin Risotto. I love that she has a Pinterest board of all the things she wants to try to make vegan! Make sure you stop by Sandra’s blog for more great vegan recipes, then head on over to find her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+.
Then head on over to Pinterest, too, where I pin all of my Guest Posts on their own board, plus my Inspiration boards! I know The Bug will love these, since he is a total sweet potato freak, so they will be on the menu once he can swallow solid food again.
Take it away, Sandra…
Chili-Lime Sweet Potato Home Fries
Crispy baked sweet potato slices with a bit of spice and a hint of lime that the whole family will love.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, warmed so it's liquid*
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- half a lime
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. I cut them into roughly ⅛-1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients, except the lime, together.
- Spread the seasoned potatoes on a greased baking sheet. If you want crispy potatoes, spread them in a single layer over two cookie sheets. If you want them softer, with some crispy and some that are more steamed, spread all the potatoes on a single pan (that's what I did).
- Bake the potatoes for about half an hour, or until they are as browned and crispy as you like.
- Squeeze the lime over the potatoes and serve.
Thanks Sandra! Sounds and looks super-yummy!
Looking for more vegan recipes? I’ve got a few…
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Quinoa
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Dark Cocoa Superfood Granola
Plus some from my friends:
- Soba Noodles with Sesame Tahini from Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Quinoa Banan Chocolate Chip Muffins from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Vegan Brownies from Crazy for Crust