No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars are a light and fluffy, gluten-free dessert recipe, with an easy, buttery almond crust. Perfect for fall or your holiday menu, you’ll love these No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars with a Gluten Free Almond Crust. This is one of our best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes!
Disclosure: I’m partnering with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
You guys, it’s started. OK, first, let me put this out there. We don’t take trips to the toy store very often, and I rarely even get suckered into throwing a new action figure or race car or dump truck into the cart just to get the boys to behave while we are out trying to pick up laundry detergent or bananas. Sure they mention the games and toys they see on television, but they aren’t always begging for the latest thing, and in the past they’ve been pretty tame with their requests for Santa Claus.
But this year, well, I’m in for it. The toy catalogs have started arriving, the crayons and markers are out, and the pages are littered with circles and initials.
EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE.
And you know who is the biggest culprit? Nope, not the crafty big brother. It’s the little one. In fact, the big one is circling more things he would like for his little brother than for himself, which is only feeding the little monster. Guys, he’s three. Already on a daily basis he is already whining about how long he has been waiting for Santa to come. Also, let me mention, at the top of his wish list? A battery-powered quad to ride around in the basement.
It’s not even Thanksgiving yet! The Black Friday circulars haven’t even started arriving and I’ve already had to resort to tactics like making sure I get the mail and bury the catalogs in the depths of the recycling container before they get home from school.
And then comforting myself with this…
These No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars are a dreamy dessert that will help you make it through the crazy holiday season!
First of all, did I mention “no-bake”? Saving valuable oven space and having an easy dessert you can whip up for parties or guests is key at this hectic time of year. And second, they are totally rich and creamy while at the same time being light and fluffy, making them the perfect indulgence that won’t weigh you down even after you’ve enjoyed a holiday meal.
Let’s talk cheesecake. I’m not a fan of traditional dense cheesecake, so I knew I needed to make a new seasonal version of these No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars for the holidays. In these bars you get all of that sweet and tangy flavor that makes cheesecake delicious, but by folding in whipped cream you get an ethereal mousse-like texture that is only interrupted by crisp-tender caramelized bits of apples for the perfect amount of crunch. And all of this sits atop a nutty, buttery crust that is naturally gluten free, thanks to products from Bob’s Red Mill.
Awhile back I started using a small sprinkling of Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour at the bottom of my mini desserts, like these Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits and Nutella Cheesecake Shooters. The moisture from the parfait would soak in, turning it into a faux-crust. So I figured I’d start adding some melted butter and sugar in any recipe that called for a graham cracker crust, like this Ice Cream Cake Cheesecake and these S’Mores Magic Bars, and it works like a dream. The crust is firm and holds together while still having that butter, crumbly taste and texture from a traditional graham cracker crust. It’s a simple gluten free alternative that you can use for many recipes.
I’ve long been a fan of Bob’s Red Mill, using many of their gluten free flours and other products since I found out I had a gluten allergy. I was easily able to convert my favorite Christmas cookie into these Gluten Free Almond Crescents by using their 1-to-1 Baking Flour, and the pizza crust recipe on their website is always my go-to when we have make-your-own pizza night. So I am thrilled to partner with them to bring this recipe to you for your holiday treat-making.
Make sure you put these No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars on your holiday wish list, and then make your own wishes come true ASAP!
Want to chat with fellow foodies? Join my No-Fuss Food and Fun group on Facebook. Everyday we have fun topics, share recipes and ideas, ask and answer questions, and see all of my new Cupcakes & Kale Chips creations! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Enjoy this No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars recipe!
No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars with a Gluten Free Almond Crust
A light and fluffy dessert recipe, plus gluten free with an easy, buttery almond crust. Perfect for fall or the holidays.
For the apple mixture
- 2 cups (about 2-3 medium) apples, peeled and chopped into about 1/2 inch pieces
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
For the cheesecake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1/4 powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
For the apples:
- Place the apples in a medium skillet. Squeeze the juice from a whole lemon over the apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to coat.
- Over medium-low heat, bring to a bubble and cook the apples for about 7-10 minutes until they are tender but not mushy, and nicely caramelized.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool completely in the refrigerator.
For the crust:
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place a small metal bowl in the freezer while preparing the crust so it is chilled by the time you start making the cheesecake filling.
- In a small bowl combine almond meal, melted butter, and granulated sugar, and toss together with a fork. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down firmly with hands or the bottom of a cup. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
For the cheesecake:
- In the bowl that was in the freezer, using a whisk or hand mixer, whip the cream, 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar, and vanilla to form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, ¼ cup powdered sugar, and Greek yogurt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chilled apple mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve. It may help to use the parchment or aluminum foil to life the bars out of the pan for slicing.
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy…
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
- Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits
- Flourless Ricotta Cheesecake Swirl Brownies