This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pasta dish is a new regular in our house because my picky eaters have actually proven to eat it and actually like it! All three times I’ve made it for them. I call this my go-to dish because it’s easy, delicious and full of flavor. I want to challenge any Momma to make this dish for their picky eater and report back, I’m curious!
Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pasta
It’s Tammi from Momma’s Meals back with another healthy family dinner for you. My kids LOVE pasta, well I love pasta as well but we all know it’s not the healthiest for you. However if you limit your portions it totally doable. Every morning this is how dinner is planned in my house:
Madison: What are you cooking for dinner tonight Momma?
Madison: What else?
Madison: What else?
Momma: Ok honey what is that you would like to have for dinner tonight?
Madison: Pasta, just plain pasta.
They don’t even make it fun because they actually do prefer it plain. No sauce, no fun pestos, no nothing. So I had to figure out a way to get them to eat pasta in a different nutritious way besides just…..plain. Then this dish was born! I knew they would love the chicken coated in cheese, the spinach wilts to the pasta and chicken so they don’t even see it, and the asparagus….they think they are string beans, the only one veggie they will eat! The best part of this dish is you really can add whatever veggies you want to it. I’ve made it with green beans and mushrooms, peas and I’m thinking broccoli next time!
Another way you can enjoy this dish as leftovers is take the chicken and add it on top of a salad, or better yet make a sandwich pocket out of it. One of my new favorite lunches using leftovers is my new Chicken Gyros & Tszatziki Sauce. It’s so easy to use leftovers and make it into something fabulous for the next day! Another one pot dish that is a new staple in our kitchen for those busy nights when you want to throw dinner in the crock pot is my Easy Turkey and Rotini Dinner. You just can’t go wrong with one pot/skillet dishes when your looking for something speedy!
Parmesan Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz whole grain rotini pasta or gluten free pasta
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 lb asparagus cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 5 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl it around. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two. Add asparagus and chicken chunks and cook until there is no longer pink on the outside of the chicken. Use the remaining olive oil if it starts sticking too much.
- Add the salt, basil, parmesan cheese and pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Add spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Serve family style in a large bowl or serve in separate bowls. Don't forget to top it off with freshly grated parmesan cheese!