This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
For a festive and delicious non-alcoholic holiday drink, you’ll love this Sparkling Cranberry Mocktail recipe that is bursting with bubbles. And with some champagne or sparkling wine or even a splash of vodka, you can easily turn it into a Christmas cocktail for the adults.
Cranberry Sparkler – Christmas Mocktail Recipe
The most wonderful moments in my family are when we are gathered around the table, sharing food and drinks. So every year as Christmas approaches, I look forward to sharing these family meals and spending this time with those that I love. I urge you to do the same.
For me, food is love, and this sparkling cranberry orange mocktail recipe is perfect to toast as we celebrate our loved ones and cherish every moment that we have together.
I saw the idea for a homemade cranberry juice from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish. It sounded so tasty, the color was gorgeous, and I thought with a bit of orange and a bit of fizz, it would make a totally fun holiday beverage for those that can’t or don’t imbibe.
Fruity but sophisticated, and naturally sweetened with orange juice and real maple syrup. The vibrant red color makes it perfect for serving at holiday parties. It’s truly a festive, sparkly non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy at celebrations with my family and friends.
List of Ingredients
A few fresh ingredients make this festive drink delicious. Here is a quick list of what you’ll need, and you can get the full amounts in the recipe card.
- Fresh cranberries
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – I highly recommend squeezing the oranges for the best flavor.
- Maple syrup – you can also substitute honey or agave nectar.
- Sparkling water or club soda
How to Make a Cranberry Mocktail
This Christmas mocktail is so simple to make. Let’s see what to do.
Make the cranberry juice. Place the cranberries, orange juice, water, and maple syrup in a blender, and puree thoroughly, then strain the mixture. Return the juice to the blender and puree and strain once more.
Add the bubbles. When ready to serve, pour about 1/4 cup of juice into each champagne flute, and top with sparkling water or club soda.
Make it a cocktail
Yes, you have a couple of options to turn this holiday mocktail into a cocktail.
- Substitute the seltzer with sparkling wine, prosecco, or champagne.
- Make it as directed, and add a shot of vodka or your alcohol of choice. Spice it up with Fireball, warm yourself inside and out with bourbon, or try something flavored like an apple or orange liqueur.
Make it in advance
You can prepare the fizzy mocktail an hour or so before serving and it will be just fine. But much longer than that, and it’ll lose all of its bubbles.
If you do need to do some advance preparation, you can make the cranberry juice and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to add the sparkling water. It will keep for 2 or 3 days.
Make it a celebration
You can always add more Christmas mocktails and cocktails to the holiday festivities, like Easy Sparkling Apple Cider Ice Cream Floats (alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions, an Apple Moscow Mule Fall Cocktail, or even more Fun and Festive Fall Cocktails and Mocktails. Plus, here are some things to serve with those Christmas drinks.
Holiday cocktail party
- Caramelized Apple Pecan Baked Brie
- Pineapple Ham Cheese Ball
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Blue Cheese
- Low Carb Feta Spinach Pinwheels
Christmas cookie exchange
Things You’ll Need
Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste (see Note). You can also substitute honey or agave nectar
- Sparkling water or club soda (see Note)
- Frozen cranberries to serve as ice cubes if desired
- Place the cranberries, orange juice, water, and maple syrup in a blender, and puree thoroughly.
- Strain through a mesh strainer.
- Return the juice to the blender and puree once more. Strain again.
- Keep juice in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour about 1/4 c juice in each champagne flute, and add about an equal amount of sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with frozen cranberries, if desired.