This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Bacon wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese and rolled in a honey lime sriracha glaze before being baked to crispy, gooey perfection. These easy gluten free appetizers will be your new favorite party appetizer recipe. From New Year’s Eve to the big game, everyone will devour Sweet and Spicy Blue Cheese Bacon Wrapped Dates.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates
Charcuterie platters. Cheese boards. Appetizer platters. Whatever you call them, they they are all the rage these days, and not just at parties. In fact, inspired by my friends Mary and Michelle, family charcuterie night is now a thing in our house. Seriously, when you are at a party, do you want to eat a meal or wouldn’t you rather just hover over all the snacky foods. Veggies and ranch dip, cheese an crackers, chips and Mexican Dip, pita and hummus – I mean, that’s where the party’s at.
So why not do it for dinner? Like literally, I pull random leftovers like roast chicken or roasted cauliflower or even pizza cut into bite-sized pieces, cheese (because I always have a ton), maybe some pepperoni or sausage or prosciutto, and whatever raw veggies I have one hand out of the fridge. I scrounge around the pantry for crackers and tortilla chips and nuts and dried fruit. And then, if I am feeling ambitious, I’ll whip up some blue cheese dip or maybe one other special thing. Then I just throw it all on a platter and call it dinner.
And my kids think I am a genius. You know what, minimal effort and maximum enjoyment and it’s actually fairly healthy. You know, maybe I am.
They also think I am a genius because sometimes these babies show up on family charcuterie night…
Sweet and Spicy Blue Cheese Bacon Wrapped Dates are sure to become a staple on your party menus.
With holidays and bowl games and football playoffs coming up, you need easy appetizers, am I right? Well these are total crowd-pleasers, even when the “crowd” is just my hubby and kiddos. On family charcuterie night, these are the first to go, and I make a dozen. So for your party, make sure you double or triple the recipe. It doesn’t take much more work. I mean, all you are doing is stirring together a three-ingredient glaze, smushing some blue cheese into the dates, wrapping them in bacon, and rolling them around in the glazy goodness. Less than twenty minutes in the oven and you have crispy, chewy, sweet, spicy, smoky, salty little nuggets of happiness.
Seriously guys, if you don’t make these for New Year’s Eve or tailgating or, you know, a random Tuesday, you are seriously missing out!
More appetizer recipes
- Honey Lime Sriracha Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Kentucky Hot Brown Dip
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Cream Cheese Bites from Garnish With Lemon
- Goat Cheese and Sriracha Stuffed Dates from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sriracha Hummus from Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Sweet and Spicy Blue Cheese Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, make the glaze by stirring together the honey, lime juice, and sriracha.
- Stuff about a teaspoon of the crumbled blue cheese inside one of the dates and squeeze it closed. Wrap tightly in one half slice of bacon and roll in the glaze. Place in a glass baking dish or glass pie plate.
- Repeat with the remaining dates, and if you have any extra glaze, pour it over the dates.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crispy.