This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
In this collection of the Best 25 Chili Recipes, you’ll find ideas that feature beef, pork, chicken, turkey, and even meatless vegetarian versions of this wholesome and classic dish! Whether you are planning your menu for the Big Game or just looking for something hot and spicy for cold winter nights, chili is the comfort food you need.
What Makes the Best Chili?
Chili is such a personal thing. Some people like beans, while for others no-bean chili is the only option. Beef might be the most common meat to find in these recipes, but others are willing to branch out to turkey, chicken, or pork. There are also a ton of vegetarian chili recipes, loaded with vegetables, lentils, or other beans.
Some people let it simmer all day on the stove, while others toss everything into a slow cooker. But there are also plenty of 30-minute chili recipes or chilis to make in the Instant Pot so you can have a quick dinner that warms you inside and out.
Then it’s all about how you serve it and what to serve it with.
How to Serve Chili
You can scoop chili it into a bowl and serve it with a nice hunk of cornbread or Texas toast. But it’s also fun to serve in a bread bowl, baked potato, or even a chili stuffed acorn squash. However, the real customization comes in the toppings, so be sure to put out all of your favorites.
- Shredded cheese such as cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped onions or scallions
- Tortilla chips or corn chips like Fritos
- Chopped avocado or avocado crema
- Minced cilantro
What do you need to make the best chili?
- If you are cooking your chili on the stove, a heavy-bottomed pot like an enameled cast iron Dutch oven is key to letting it simmer for hours without burning.
- If I am making a simple weeknight slow cooker chili for my family, I use my small 4-quart slow cooker.
- When cooking for a crowd and want to keep my chili hot for the whole night, I use my big 6-quart slow cooker.
- And if you want cooked-all-day flavor in much less time, you’ll need an Instant Pot!
Try the Best Chili Recipes
When it comes to flavors, spice blends, and ingredient combos, the possibilities are endless. That is why I am sharing this collection of the best chili recipes ever. Besides chilis that use different types of meat, there are veggie chili recipes too! And they are all gluten free. Everyone is sure to find something to love.
Chili with Beef and Pork
Probably the most classic way to make chili is with beef. The only question is whether to use stew beef, ground beef, or some combination.
Chili with Chicken and Turkey
To lighten things up or try something a little different with a delicious chicken or turkey chili. Whether you go with a traditional red tomato base or make a creamy white chili, use ground meat or shredded, there are lots of tasty options.
Vegetarian Chili Recipes
Skip the meat entirely and load up on the beans and veggies. Bursting with healthy deliciousness, these are all great ways to satisfy that comfort food craving even if you want to try something more plant-based.