Quick Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili
Quick Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili is a hearty but healthy chili recipe packed with the perfect level of smoky spice and a deep, rich flavor. And bonus – you can have it on the table in 30 minutes, or let it simmer all day, chill out in the fridge overnight, or save it for later in the freezer!
Easy Turkey Chipotle Chili Recipe
Now, as amazing as those million-ingredient, slow-simmering chili recipes taste, sometimes you just want chili NOW. Like, on a Tuesday night, after you’ve worked/chased kids/walked dogs/fought traffic/monitored all of your social media accounts (oh wait, that’s just us bloggy-types) all day. You need a chili recipe that has a deep, well-developed flavor without needing all of that time. And you want it a little healthier too, right? By using turkey, but enhancing it and bringing that rich smokiness from a combination of beef broth or stock and chipotles in adobo, you get that cooked all day flavor, but you can have it on the table in no time.
The beef broth truly adds a meaty dimension to this Chipotle Turkey Chili, but I did find without cooking it for a long time, it was a little liquidy until it sat in the fridge overnight. So rather than cutting out the broth, I am going to recommend draining the tomatoes, unless you prefer a thinner consistency or are making it a day or so in advance. But you know what, whatever – it tastes AWESOME! We all devoured it. Even the littlest one!
I am so grateful to Kara for a great recipe that was a perfect starting point. Just a few tweaks based on what I had and some personal preferences, and this may now be my go-to for when I don’t want to make an entire vat or chili, which is what my other favorite recipe produces.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
On a cool, busy night, whip up this Quick and Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili…
Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- half of a medium onion chopped
- 1-1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- one chipotle minced from a can of chipotles in adobo, plus 1 Tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drain for a thicker chili if you are not preparing in advance
- one 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or stock
- one 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cheese sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), tortilla chips, or your favorite chili fixin's for serving.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to soften and turn translucent.
- Add the turkey and cook until it is browned and cooked through, breaking up as it cooks.
- Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and beans.
- Stir, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes (or longer if desired), or until heated through and slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chili fixin's.
Here are some other chili recipes to choose from…
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog