This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Balsamic glazed cauliflower wings are one of my favorite gluten free appetizers! This easy cauliflower based appetizer has a sticky balsamic glaze that vegans and carnivores will both love!
There’s a certain big football game coming up, and game day eats and drinks aren’t only about pretzels and beer. We are here to show you that even though you are glued to the tube (whether for the game or the commercials), you can still entertain with amazing food and wine pairings. And I am sure everyone in your crowd will love a glass of Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot with these Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings”.
Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings”
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, meaning that if you click and make a purchase, the cost to you is the same, but I will receive a few pennies. I use the money to help maintain this website and to bring you new recipes! Compensation for this post was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I’m a wine girl. Doesn’t matter whether I am at a fancy restaurant, grilling burgers, or watching the game and snacking, I’m always going to choose wine. I’m no expert, but I know what I like, and have learned a little bit about pairings over the years. While I’ll usually go with a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay with chicken or shrimp, or a Cabernet with a steak, if I am just going to be sipping and snacking, I think Merlot is a great go-to wine. So I knew the Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot was the wine I would choose to pair with some gourmet game day food.
Ever since I made and shared the recipe for Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” (and saw the crazy response to them!), I’ve been dying to try a new version. This time I decided to go with a balsamic glaze, which I thought would be perfect with the medium-bodied and versatile Merlot, since it pairs well with a wide variety of foods. A bolder wine might clash with the cauliflower, but the intense balsamic would be too much for a lighter white wine.
I don’t know who was devouring these Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” faster – me, The Hubby, or The Bug.
We polished off the entire batch. In fact, I think I may like them even more than the Sesame Glazed version. The balsamic vinegar reduced and got sticky and sweet and syrupy in the oven, with just a hint of garlic and rosemary. I can’t wait to make these again, and enjoy them with another glass of Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot.
Sure, they’re veggies and the vegetarians in your crew will be happy, but the robust flavor will even please the biggest carnivores (like my Hubby). And with a few simple adjustments, you can satisfy the vegans and gluten-free eaters too!
A couple of items you might want to help you make these delicious balsamic glazed cauliflower wings:
[amazon_link asins=’B004VLSV7I,B072JJ5S34′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cupkalchi-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’861071be-d9d7-11e7-8ff3-0da010c9ce92′]
What kind of wine do you like to enjoy while you are snacking?
Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- ¼ cup honey or agave or maple syrup for strict vegan
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp salt
- a few grinds black pepper
For the cauliflower:
- One large head cauliflower
- ½ cup flour I used brown rice flour, but I have seen similar recipes where regular all purpose flour was used
- ½ cup milk of choice I used almond milk
For the sauce:
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
For the cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, and spray a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook and softer they will get.
- Whisk together the flour and milk in a bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly less done than you want them.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently flip and toss the cauliflower in the sauce on the sheet to coat.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
Need some more gourmet game day snacks like the balsamic glazed cauliflower wings to pair with your favorite wine?
And make sure you check out the rest of today’s menu from the #SundaySupper family for Game Day Entertaining & Pairings using the Gallo Family Vineyards wines:
Game Day Entertaining and Pairing:
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Chipotle Quinoa Fritters by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Ham Barbecue by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian