As we approach the summer months when we would all rather be doing things outside and having fun, we all need easier recipes, even for #SundaySupper, so this week we are featuring recipes made with 5 Ingredients or Less. A sweet and savory sticky glaze perfectly coats and balances the richness of the fish in my Five-Ingredient Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon.
Five-Ingredient Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon
I have been part of Sunday Supper for almost two years now, and it’s funny, but Sunday is usually not our day for a big or fancy family meal. Honestly, I usually plan my more involved or fancier or more complicated meals for Friday or Saturday. By Sunday night I may be tired from a busy, full weekend, or just in the middle of a million things to get ready for the upcoming week, or perhaps even traveling back from a weekend visiting out-of-state family. So for us, Sunday Supper is often something I tossed in the crockpot or can whip up quickly, or sometimes it’s even just takeout. Or maybe we had a big breakfast or lunch, so we are just picking on something small or finishing up some leftovers. That doesn’t mean that we don’t sit down as a family to have our Sunday meal together. It just may not be a roast or chicken or lasagna or what you may consider a typical Sunday meal. So while this week’s collection of recipes that require five ingredients or less may give you lots of great ideas for busy weeknights, for me, I think they’ll be perfect to add to my Sunday Supper repertoire, especially as summer approaches, and we’d rather spend our Sundays at the beach or park or even just playing in the backyard. It’s funny how this recipe came about. I kind of had the idea for this recipe in my head, and was planning to make it as a seafood dish on a Friday during Lent. I had the general idea, then searched Pinterest for a little more inspiration and technique. Then early in the week, I saw this five ingredient Sunday Supper theme, and made few tweaks to make sure I kept it within the ingredient limit, and then, honestly, kinda hoped it would work out. Especially since I was trying to quickly grab some photos before my hungry guys demanded their dinner. Guess what – it totally worked! I am not a huge salmon fan, and really only like it with a super flavorful, sticky glaze, like my Maple Sesame Glazed Salmon. That is my favorite salmon recipe ever, and this one came pretty dang close. The combination of juicy strawberries and orange marmalade was balanced by the red wine (I used Gallo Family Hearty Burgundy, but any dry, fruity red wine will do), which kept it from being too sweet. The glaze clung to the fish and the acid from the citrus and wine cut through the richness of the salmon. Add two more ingredients – brown rice and some broccoli or sugar snap peas or asparagus and you have a healthy, complete meal. Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. And make sure you check out the entire Sunday Supper Five Ingredients or Less menu at the bottom of this post. What is your favorite recipe made with five ingredients or less?
Five-Ingredient Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon
A sweet and savory sticky glaze perfectly coats and balances the richness of the fish in this simple but tasty and healthy recipe.
- 1-1 1/2 lb salmon filet
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup hearty red wine (I used Gallo Family Hearty Burgundy)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup quartered strawberries
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in a plastic storage bag or flesh side down in a shallow pan.
- Whisk together the wine and marmalade and pour about ¼ cup of the mixture over the salmon. Set aside the remainder, and marinate the salmon for 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your broiler, place salmon on broiler pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until nearly cooked through.
- While salmon is in the broiler, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes, to soften the onion.
- Reduce heat to low, add the red wine and marmalade mixture and reduce slightly.
- When the salmon has been removed from the broiler, add the strawberries and salmon to the pan. Cook salmon for another five minutes or so, basting the sauce over the salmon until sauce has thickened, and salmon is glazed and cooked through to desired doneness.
Enjoy! I have a few more recipes made with Five Ingredients or Less…
Plus check out the entire #SundaySupper menu full of recipes made with Five Ingredients or Less…
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food