With the holiday season upon us, it always helps to have fun and festive dessert recipes to make big family gathering easier, or to whip up for a last minute party invitation. You only need five ingredients to whip up these super simple and simply dreamy Mini Eggnog Cream Pies.
Mini Eggnog Cream Pies
You know, I’ve gotten used to this wheat allergy thing. Sometimes it’s a bit of a pain, but I know what to look for and what to ask for when I go out, and at home it’s just second nature. As long as I go to the right places, I actually enjoy gluten free pizza. I’m not really into fried food, so I’m not lusting after fried chicken and onion rings. And avoiding the bread basket leaves me more room to enjoy my meal without feeling overstuffed. And if you know anything about me, you know I’ll take ice cream over any other dessert any day of the year.
A couple things I miss – sourdough bread, golden fudge cake from my favorite restaurant, classic New York-style crumb cake, cinnamon raisin bagels, and Crescent Rolls. Call it a guilty pleasure, call it childhood nostalgia, but whatever you call it, just call me if Pillsbury ever makes a gluten free version. Maybe it’s from my mom making hot dogs wrapped in crescents when I was a kid, or maybe it’s just because they are so buttery and flaky and delicious, but you guys, what I wouldn’t give to eat some Crescent Rolls again. And this isn’t sponsored. It’s just what I have been thinking since I make this cheese danish ring for a sponsored post and have been having fun playing with the awesomely delicious dough in a can.
Oh Crescents, how I miss thee…
Luckily I have some taste testers who were willing to sample these for me…
This recipe for Mini Eggnog Cream Pies could not be any easier. They are light and fluffy, creamy and dreamy, and a total crowd-pleaser! How do I know this? I carried these down to the bus stop and started handing them out to moms and kids alike. Everyone was asking for the recipe. Well, my friends, here it is.
And the best part is that they are ridiculously easy to make. Now if you read my blog, you know I tend to do a lot from scratch, or with minimal mixes and other packages ingredients. But sometimes, when life is crazy, you need to whip up a sweet treat fast. That’s what makes these eggnog cream pies so perfect for the holiday season. Crescent Rolls, eggnog, pudding mix, and Cool Whip – done and done! And your guests will be totally impressed!
What is one food you love, but haven’t had in years?
Mini Eggnog Cream Pies
Only four ingredients to make this creamy, dreamy easy dessert recipe for the holidays!
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup plus 1/d cup frozen (thawed) Cool Whip, divided
- Heat oven to 375°F. I
- Unroll dough and press into 12x9-inch rectangle, sealing the perforated edges is using crescent rolls.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Gently ease the squares into 24 ungreased mini muffin cups and press down slightly in the middle.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pans, about 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggnog and pudding mix with a whisk until it begins to thicken. Gently fold in 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Fill each cooled cup with about 1-2 tablespoons pudding mixture.
- Put ½ cup Cool Whip into a plastic sandwich bag and seal. Cut the tip from one corner and pipe onto the top of the mini pies.
- Store in refrigerator.
Here are some more mini desserts…
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
- No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits
- No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecakes
And some from my friends…
- Mini Eclair Bites from Princess Pinky Girl
- Black Forest Cookie Cups from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cakes from Brunch with Joy