This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I am so excited to be joining the #SundaySupper Movement., and to be bringing you these Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter.
Sunday Supper was started by Isabel at Family Foodie to get families back around the dinner table together, one meal at a time. So each Sunday, an amazing group of bloggers shares new recipes based on that week’s theme. You can find out more about #SundaySupper HERE, check out the links to the other members’ posts at the bottom of this page, and follow the #SundaySupper hashtag on Twitter.
This week for #SundaySupper, we are partnering with LAND O LAKES® for the introduction of their new product, LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, and sharing SIMPLE AND FRESH SUMMER RECIPES. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.
When I was checking out some recipes on the LAND O LAKES® recipe page, all I could think about was corn muffins. Maybe that was because I was already looking for recipes for a brunch, and had muffins on the brain, so figured I could cover all my bases with one recipe. Well, actually two recipes, because I also love the sound of some of their compound butters. And when you are bring muffins to a brunch, you have to have some butter.
I found these Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins, and the Cranberry-Orange Butter sounded delicious (and brunch-y), and the recipe called for a bit of sage. Since I had some sage from my CSA share last week, I thought I would add some to the muffins, also, to just enhance the flavor even more, and I used Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. I also made a couple of tweaks to the butter recipe, using dried cranberries, since it isn’t realy the season for fresh ones, and I already had them in my pantry. Plus I used honey instead of sugar in both recipes, because honey just goes so well with cornbread.
OK, now I know I am supposed to stay away from wheat, but I had to try one of these muffins, and they were so good. Add the Cranberry Orange Butter, and, with the little extra sea salt already in the butter, you get a great sweet-salty balance, which I love.
After begging all morning, The Bug ate a muffin and a half (and some crumb cake, fruit, chocolate, egg casserole, french toast casserole…), and the other ladies at the brunch also enjoyed them. I am just happy there is still some of the Cranberry Orange Butter left. I think it would be great rubbed on some chicken or pork before roasting. And I have to think of some other ideas, too!
I will tell you, my muffins ended up a bit dark on the bottom. I think that is because of the pan I
used, but I would recommend checking them a minute or two early (which is why I put the baking time as 12-15 minutes, versus the 15-18 minutes in the original recipe). Maybe the olive oil in the butter made them brown a little faster. They were still moist, though, and I actually like my cornbread a little brown on the bottom, which you get when baking it in a cast iron skillet. In fact, the original recipe gives some suggestions for baking it as a cornbread instead of muffins, and I would like to try this sometime.
So I hope you’ll use some of your fresh summer herbs and make these yummy muffins and tasty butter. They would be equally good for a Sunday brunch or maybe with some barbecue pork or herb roasted chicken or steamed lobster for #SundaySupper.
I am looking forward to trying some more things with the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. In fact, you may see something for next week’s #SundaySupper.
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
And if you are interested in trying out this product for yourself, LAND O LAKES® has provided me with a coupon for a FREE package of Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt for one of my readers! I’ll announce the winner at next week’s #SundaySupper, so you have all week to enter. To enter, just leave me a comment telling me what is your favorite recipe made with butter? You can also earn additional entries by leaving a SEPARATE comment for each of the following: Follow Cupcakes & Kale Chips on Facebook Share this giveaway on Facebook Follow @CupcakesKaleChip on Twitter Tweet the following: “I just entered to win @LandOLakesKtchn new Olive Oil & Sea Salt Butter from @CupcakeKaleChip https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/?p=2249“ Subscribe to my RSS feed Subscribe to receive Cupcakes & Kale Chips by email Follow Cupcakes & Kale Chips on Pinterest Pin this recipe Follow cupcakesandkalechips on Instagram Follow LAND O LAKES® on Facebook Follow @LandOLakesKtchn on Twitter Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry, or they will not count!! I will then use random.org to select a winner.
And don’t forget that there are links to more SIMPLE AND FRESH SUMMER RECIPES for #SundaySupper at the bottom of this page.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter
For the Sage Cornbread Muffins
For the Cranberry Orange Butter
- 1/4 c LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt softened
- 1 T finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 t orange juice
- 1/2 t finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 t honey
- 1/4 t freshly grated orange zest
For the Sage Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Combine butter and honey in small bowl, and beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt or sour cream, milk, and sage.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
For the Cranberry Orange Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Make sure you check out all of the other delicious SIMPLE AND FRESH SUMMER RECIPES for #SundaySupper this week:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious