This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
They may not be the centerpiece of the meal, but no holiday feast is complete without the side dishes. And these Vegetable Casseroles are sides worthy of a place on any special occasion menu. Though they are so flavorful and comforting, they are sure to get anyone eating their veggies any day of the year. Plus, every recipe in this collection is gluten free!
Why You’ll Love these Vegetable Casserole Recipes
Vegetable casseroles are often found on the Thanksgiving table or as part of a Christmas feast. But there’s no reason they should only make an appearance during the holiday season. These hearty side dishes are perfect to enjoy year round. This is why you should be enjoying them all the time.
- Makes a lot. Since many vegetable casserole make enough to fill a larger dish, that also means they make enough to fill a large number of bellies. This is why you often find them on holiday menus or to bring to a potluck.
- Always a crowd-pleaser. If you have anyone who is a bit picky or resistant to veggies, casseroles might just be the perfect way to get them to eat the rainbow. Whether it’s a cheesy sauce, a crunchy topping, or a fluffy texture, there’s usually something about a casserole that makes it extra delicious and hard to resist.
- Comfort food at its best. Often it’s that luscious creaminess or tasty toppers that make a casserole so cozy. You can keep your main dish simple and let the sides shine to create a comforting meal.
- Simple to prepare. Usually casseroles have easy preparation, and can often be made ahead of time. That way, when you are crunched for time, you can be all ready to just pop them in the oven.
- Gluten free favorites. While not all vegetable casseroles are gluten free, all of the recipes in the collection are perfect for anyone avoiding gluten. There are fabulous options to enjoy classic favorites even without gluten ingredients.
So let’s find some favorites for you to enjoy!