Banana, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Pops
When you need a frozen treat but want to keep it on the healthy side, indulge your craving with the best flavor combination in one tasty popsicle. So good and so gorgeous, every big and little monkey will go bananas for Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Pops.
Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Pops
I have mixed emotions about the end of summer. Part of me longs for more days at the pool, more time on the beach, more trips to the ice cream shop. But part of me is also happy to get back into a routine, to get The Bug started with school, to not sweat buckets every time I step outside.
I love college football Saturdays, and I’m excited to see what fall activities there are where we live, since we weren’t yet here at this time last year. But I also am not ready for it to get dark early and to have evenings filled with more homework than bike rides.
I do love butternut squash and apples, but really I’m still craving corn and peaches. And pumpkin. Don’t even get me started. I’m not even ready to get on Pinterest and pin pumpkin recipes, much less make them.
So today, we’re still having popsicles…
You guys, slices of bananas, gobs of peanut butter, and wee bitty little chocolate chips, all suspended in a sea of creamy yogurt goodness, then frozen, as if all these swirls and bits were suspended in time, kind of like I want to do with the prime season for enjoying my favorite desserts – that is, the creamy and frosty ones. Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Pops were a super huge hit in my house, though my boys are never ones to turn down anything that involves bananas or chocolate or peanut butter.
You know what, the kids may be back to school, but it’s still hot. Forget offering the kids cookies when they get off the bus. Welcome them home from school with these!
Are you ready for fall or still enjoying the summer?
To get the recipe, head on over to The Melrose Family to check out my latest contributor post.
Slices of banana, gobs of peanut butter and mini chocolate chips make this a healthy frozen dessert that tastes indulgent.
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- In a small bowl, blend together the yogurt and cream cheese. Place a couple of tablespoons of the yogurt mixture in the bottom of four popsicle molds.
- Divide about half of your banana slices between the popsicle molds and tap down slightly.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of mini chips and 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in each mold, then top with the remaining banana slices.
- Using the remainder of the yogurt mixture, fill the molds, tapping to release any air bubbles.
- Insert sticks and freeze at least a few hours, until frozen.
This filled my four popsicle molds. If you have different size molds or want to make more, adjust the quantities accordingly.
And if you want more fro yo pops, try these…
- Raspberry Chocolate Almond Crunch Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- Strawberry Cheeecake Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- Banilla Nutella Frozen Yogurt Pops
Plus here are some from my friends…
- S’Mores Yogurt Pops from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lime Cheesecake Popsicles from The Melrose Family
- Greek Yogurt Berry Smoothie Pops from Mom on Timeout