Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes let you enjoy all the classic flavors of a peanut and butter and jelly sandwich in a fun cupcakes recipe from contributor Serene of House of Yumm. Celebrate the first day of school (or any day that deserves a special dessert) with these PB & J cupcakes. White cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are stuffed with swirled peanut butter and jelly and then topped with another dollop of jelly for a kid-favorite sweet treat.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Hi! Serene here from House of Yumm to bring you another cupcake! Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes to be exact. It’s that time again. Kids are heading back to school. Whenever I think about my days of school there’s so many memories that come back.
One of my fondest memories is the classic Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. On white bread of course. Although growing up that white bread was banned in my home. My mom never bought that stuff. I dreamed of having my Peanut Butter and Jelly on white bread instead of the whole wheat my mom made me eat. Now of course I do the same to my kids. Whole wheat all the way!
But I did let them indulge on these Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes. What’s the fun in being good if you can’t have a little cheat now and then?
In a nod to that white bread I always wanted, these cupcakes are made from white cake. These little cakes are filled with a peanut butter and jelly mixture.
Now let’s talk about this peanut butter frosting. Just look at it – thick and fluffy, sweet and peanutty. How can a frosting be everything you need and crave all at the same time? This isn’t just frosting with a little peanut butter for flavor. This is peanut butter, with a few extras to make it sturdy enough to go on a cupcake as frosting. If I were to just plop peanut butter on a cupcake it wouldn’t really hold it’s shape and would most likely melt off the cupcake at some point.
Although I doubt the cupcake would be around long enough for that to happen. But this peanut butter frosting is the best of all worlds.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Recipe Tips…
- These cupcakes are made with white cake. I used a mix, you can use any mix that you love, happen to have on hand, or your favorite homemade mix.
- The recipe below for the frosting will be for 24 cupcakes. If you make a smaller batch of cupcakes, make sure you adjust accordingly. Unless you want to sit and eat the remaining peanut butter frosting with a spoon. And then lick the bowl clean. No judging here. This is a safe place.
- You can see in the picture above I used a frosting bag and tip to fill the cupcakes. You can also cut a small hole in the center, and scoop the peanut butter and jelly inside, or use a plastic bag to fill them. So many options, so many ways, basically the goal is to get some peanut butter and jelly in the middle of the cupcakes.
- You can pick your favorite flavor of jelly. I used grape, but if you’re more of a strawberry (or any other flavor) person, go for it!
- Once frosted, please spoon some jelly onto the top. It gives the cupcakes magical powers. It makes you feel young again.
Personally I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the coming school year than with these Peanut and Jelly cupcakes! I hope you enjoy!
If you like these peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, you’ll love these recipes too…
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Apple Nachos
- Peanut Butter and Jelly White Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfaits
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Dough Dip
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Whole Wheat Crackers
What do you need to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes?
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $6.49Was: $6.79
- Price: $6.99
- Price: $6.99
- Price: $12.96Was: $22.99
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Start with your favorite cake mix or cupcake recipe and stuff them with peanut butter and jelly, then top them with a creamy homemade peanut butter frosting and another dollop of jelly. Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes are easy to make and explode with your favorite flavor combination. Kids of all ages will make sure this batch up PB & J cupcakes will disappear in no time.
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
Enjoy all the classic flavors of a peanut and butter and jelly sandwich with these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- one box White Cake Mix plus required ingredients or homemade cupcake batter, regular or gluten free
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jelly (flavor of choice)
- 3 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup jelly (flavor of choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare the cupcake batter according to directions. Bake in cupcake liners for approximately 16 minutes, or according to directions for homemade batter.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, spoon the 1/4 cup peanut butter and 3 tablespoons jelly into a pastry bag using a smaller round tip (I used Wilton 4). Insert tip into the center of the cupcake and fill with the peanut butter & jelly mixture. Once filled remove the tip from the cupcake. Set aside and continue filling remaining cupcakes.
- Add the room temperature butter to mixing bowl. Beat over medium speed for about 1 minute, until butter is creamy. Add in the peanut butter and continue to beat over medium speed until completely combined with the butter. Will be a creamy mixture.
- Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract. Mix over medium speed until completely combined. Then beat with high speed until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag to pipe onto cupcakes or frost with a knife. (I used a Wilton 2A tip)
- Spoon a teaspoon of jelly onto the tops of the cupcakes if desired!
- Serve and enjoy
- Cupcakes can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
If you like this Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes recipe, here’s some others I think you’ll enjoy!