When the weather turns warm, there’s not much better than firing up the grill and inviting friends over for a party. And nothing makes it easier than putting out platters and bowls of fixings that’ll satisfy everyone with this Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad.
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of al fresco. As always, all opinions are my own. The school year just ended in Maryland and on Friday night we had a huge block party. Everyone brought food and drinks, the kids spent the entire night ridings bikes and scooters, playing basketball, and running around. It was so fun and easy because nobody had to plan an entire menu, no kitchens got dirty, and no home got ransacked by every kid in the neighborhood. Plus no matter what anyone liked or disliked, or their particular diet, there was something for everyone. One great way to recreate a “potluck” at home is with a giant salad bar, and in the summer, there’s nothing better than preparing some of those salad toppers on the grill. Grill up some corn, pineapple, and al fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage. Add some other veggies, Barbecue Ranch Dressing, and your favorite barbecue sauce, and you have a feast for everyone. Maybe someone doesn’t like tomatoes (my son), has a gluten allergy (me), or avoids dairy, or, even though I am personally a huge fan of piling on the sausage and even some al fresco chicken bacon, maybe some guests of yours don’t eat meat. This is such a simple way to entertain and satisfy everyone because everyone can make their salads just how they like them! Just like when we had a little celebration for my mom’s retirement… I fired up the grill… We toasted the major life milestone… And then we all dug in to make our own personalized salads… Yes, even The Bug got in on the salad-making action! This is how I liked mine, with a little of everything… The smokiness and little bit of spice in the al fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage was the perfect balance to the sweet and juicy grilled pineapple and the crisp charred corn. Then with the fresh veggies, creamy avocado, and sharp cheese, it’s all the best parts of the barbecue in a bowl! Oh, and let’s not forget a drizzle of Barbecue Ranch Dressing and an extra bit of smoky sweetness from some barbecue sauce! Make my Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad and #grillalfresco all summer long!! And be sure to pick up al fresco chicken sausage the next time you are at the grocery store. Then you can have a feast like this too for your next summer grilling party! What is your favorite way to entertain in the summer?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad
Set up a salad bar filled with toppings from the grill including for easy summer entertaining!
For the salad
- two 12 oz. packages al fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage
- one pineapple
- four ears of corn
- one avocado, chopped
- one large cucumber, peeled if desired, and chopped
- one pint grape tomatoes, halved
- spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, al fresco Ready To Cook Uncured Chicken Bacon (cooked and crumbled) or Fully Cooked Uncured Chicken Bacon (crumbled), your favorite barbecue sauce, slightly crushed tortilla chips
For the Greek Yogurt BBQ Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
For the salad:
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Slice the al fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage on a diagonal into about one-half inch thick slices.
- Cut the top, bottom, and sides off of the pineapple and cut into about half inch thick slices. If desired, use biscuit cutters to cut out the core and cut the slices into circles.
- Place the corn on the grill, and cook until hot and slightly charred, about ten minutes, turning frequently. After the corn has been on the grill for a couple minutes, add the pineapple and cook about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Then add the slices of chicken sausage to the grill and cook for about two minutes per side, or until heated through.
- Remove everything from the grill. Allow the corn to cool slightly before cutting off of the cob.
- Place all of the salad toppings on platters or in bowls and allow your guest to create their own salads. Or divide salad greens between plates, and top with grilled sausage, pineapple, and corn, as well as tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado. Add optional toppings, as desired, and drizzle with Greek Yogurt BBQ Ranch Salad Dressing, and your favorite barbecue sauce, if desired.
For the Greek Yogurt BBQ Ranch Salad Dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients except the apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the vinegar to achieve desired consistency
- If possible, let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Stir again before serving.
Enjoy this Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad! Here are some more grilled summer salads…
- Grilled Chicken and Berry Saladwith Goat Cheese, Pecans, and Blueberry Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Steak and Mango Salad with Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Whipped Feta and Grilled Peach Salad
You can also check out the other entries (but make sure to vote for ME 😉 !!)
- Grilled Chicken Sausage Pizza from Nutmeg Nanny
- Sweet & Spicy BBQ Pineapple Sausage Tacos from Bakeaholic Mama
- Chicken Sausage Vietnamese Banh Mi from The Lemon Bowl