Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette for #SundaySupper
As the days start to get just a wee bit shorter, #SundaySupper and Gallo Family Vineyards are getting together for one last summer party for Labor Day. And I am celebrating some of my favorite late-summer flavors with a light, fresh salad that complements one of my favorite summertime wines. Pour a glass of Gallo Family Riesling and toss together this Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I know it was just a few days ago that I talked about how excited I was for The Bug to go back to school. In some ways I am looking forward to this, but in some ways, I want this summer to last forever. It was filled with so many great experiences and amazing accomplishments.
Just before the “official” start of summer, I got to meet so many of my blogger friends at a conference in Miami. I went to Vermont for a week filled with family, fun, and, of course, lots of ice cream. The boys and I spent a lot of time at my mom’s, which meant plenty of beach and pool time. I reached some personal goals with this little ol’ blog here. The Hubby and I had a getaway to Orlando that was both busy and relaxing, and which happened to coincide with the Food & Wine Conference, where I had the exciting opportunity to not only meet so many friends, enjoy amazing food, and learn a ton, but also to be a speaker and share a few things I’ve learned along the way. Plus, we also got to be among the first to try Gallo Family Vineyards’ newest wine, which just so happens to be one of my favorite varietals – Riesling. And I love it – light, crisp, fruity and refreshing. A perfect summer wine, though I’d happily drink it anytime of year!
And now what am I facing? The Hubby starting a new job. A move out of my home state for the first time, and all the craziness that this entails. I could use a few more days at the beach. A few more ears of corn. A few more laps in the pool. A few more afternoons on my mom’s front porch with a glass of wine. A few more fresh peaches and blueberries, perhaps on a salad like this…
I know I’ve been on a peach and blueberry kick lately, but I just can’t help myself. Since having my favorite late summer New Jersey fruits for breakfast and dessert just isn’t enough, I had to make a savory dish, too! Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette brings those flavors together in a light lunch, appetizer, or side salad, or you can double up the ingredients or maybe add some grilled chicken or pork for a more substantial dinner salad.
The sweet, luscious peach, caramelized just a bit on the grill, adds freshness to the pepper arugula and salty and smooth whipped feta. Chopped hazelnuts bring in the texture (though I think pistachios would also be fabulous, but I was out of them, or even some pecans) and a toasty, nutty flavor, while the smooth and tangy Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette ties it all together.
See those two lovely appetizer plates so beautifully waiting to whet your appetite before one last grilled summer dinner? Yeah, I might just have dumped them both on one big plate and polished them off myself.
You know, just trying to savor summer a little longer.
Gallo knows all about the importance of family and the meals that bring us together, and we are coming together to celebrate the fun that we had this summer with all of our special families. Learn more about the wines of Gallo Family Vineyards, connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, and check out the store locator to try some of their wines yourself.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Do you still need some recipes and inspiration for your last summer shindig? Check out all of the fabulous ideas at the bottom of this post and in the Gallo Family Vineyards Labor Days Recipes collection! Make sure you pair these with Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red or the new and fabulous Riesling for a sweet summery celebration. And here’s a dollar off for you!
What was your best memory of the summer?
You can save this or any of my recipes and those from many of your favorite brands, blogs and website to your own personal recipe box. After creating your account, simply click ‘Save Recipe‘ below. It will then be saved in your personal recipe box which you can access at any time, and even create meal plans and grocery lists.
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 peaches halved and pit removed
- 2 Tablespoons hazelnuts or pistachios
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Crumble the feta into a food processor, add the Greek yogurt and olive oil, and process for several minutes, until smooth and creamy. Store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the salad.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Place each peach half on the grill, cut side down, for 4-5 minutes. Flip over and grill for another 4-5 minutes, or until caramelized and juicy. Alternatively, you can roast them cut side up on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 425°F, or until tender.
- Place arugula on four small salad plates or two large ones. Top with one or two peach halves (one for a side or appetizer salad, two for a main course salad), then dollop about two tablespoons of the whipped feta on top of each peach half.
- Sprinkle each salad with the nuts and drizzle with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator.
Want more summer flavors?
- Browned Butter Summer Vegetable Saute
- Summer Fruit & Blue Cheese Salad with Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Prosciutto, Arugula & Tomato Sandwich
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen