This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
My easy homemade gooey bars are loaded with creamy white chocolate chips and decadent salted caramel. Rich, sticky, and brimming with ooey-gooey sweetness, you’ll love gifting these dessert bars to friends and family!
Easy Salted Caramel Gooey Bars
Salted. Caramel. Yum!! I am officially in love with Pink Parsley’s Salted Caramel. These gooey bars are my third recipe using it. You see, I didn’t get to taste this one. *sniff sniff* This makes me very sad, because they look awesome, right?
I made these gooey bars for a friend from my church mommy group. She had just had a baby, and I was bringing her dinner. Her third girl – which is why you see a little sprinkle of pink sugar on top. But I didn’t hear back from her right away. The nerve! I mean, what could be keeping her so busy?! 🙂 Kidding! I can barely handle one kid – totally can’t imagine three.
Her response? Well, she said they were amazing and asked for the recipe. Because she clearly has tons of time to bake right now. Well here you go, Colleen.
Of course, I knew these bars would be good. They’re a variation on this original gooey bars recipe from Pink Parsley, where I first discovered Josie’s Salted Caramel. I used white chocolate chips, and doubled the salted caramel since the recipe made so much, and I hadn’t yet planned on anything else to do with it (other than eating it with a spoon or drowning a scoop of ice cream in it – which never happened).
The caramel makes these gooey bars super-gooey (hence the name). They had to bake a bit longer, but seriously, when is a slightly under-baked cookie a bad thing?
Here they are, all packed up and ready to go. Bye-bye, gooey wonderfulness! I’ll miss you!
More Brownies and Bars
White Chocolate Salted Caramel Gooey Bars
- 2 c plus 2 T all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 12 T unsalted butter melted and cooled until warm
- 1 c light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c Salted Caramel Sauce
- coarse sugar or colored for sprinkling
- coarse or flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Prepare the salted caramel sauce.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil so that the edges of the foil overhang two sides of the pan, and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, on medium speed, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until just combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined – do not overbeat.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Dampen your fingers, and press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the Salted Caramel Sauce over the dough and spread evenly.
- Drop the remaining dough in clumps over the caramel – the dough will bake together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. (I actually had to bake mine a few minutes longer, and they were still fairly gooey from the extra caramel.)
- As soon as the bars come out of the oven, sprinkle the top with the sugar and sea salt.
- Allow the pan to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before carefully removing the bars from the pan and peeling off the foil.
- Cool completely before slicing.
This recipe was adapted from Pink Parsley’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.