This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Baked Brie bloomin’ apples – Melty Brie cheese oozing between “petals” of honey-sweetened fruit and nuts make this semi-copycat recipe one of my favorite gluten free appetizers!
#SundaySupper is helping you get ready for April Fool’s Day this week with recipes that look like something else, recipes to sneak in some veggies, and more! I combined one of my most-requested recipes and the concept of that world famous restaurant appetizer into these sweet, savory, cheesy and creamy Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apples.
Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apples
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, meaning that if you click and make a purchase, the cost to you is the same, but I will receive a few pennies. I use the money to help maintain this website and to bring you new recipes!
What you are about to read is going to be my most epic, profound, life changing blog post. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll be so moved that you might never be the same. You’ll print it out, share it on Facebook, Tweet it out. I’m telling you, it’s about to go viral. This might be the end of my random babbling about my fairly mundane life, and the beginning of my career as an actual writer. I really don’t know what else to say other than…
Guys, I’m sorry. I’ve had the honey nut baked Brie recipe ready for a few weeks, thought it would fit in kinda nicely with this week’s Sunday Supper theme, but here I sit, with a house full of family members visiting for the weekend the night before the post goes live, and I still don’t have a story to tell you that goes along with it. My mother-in-law was just here for a week, little dude turned two and that called for the baking of two cakes for two different family celebrations, kids alternated sick days this week, I’ve been trying to start getting in my 10K training runs.
No time to be witty or profound. That’s just life, and sometimes the minutiae of life doesn’t lend itself to epic storytelling.
On the other hand, this honey nut bake Brie bloomin’ apples appetizer is pretty epic, and that’s no joke…
Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apples really are a stroke of brilliance. I’ve been seeing all of the “bloomin’” recipes from The Gunny Sack, including Tonia’s Bloomin’ Apples, and ever since I saw it, I just knew I had to combine it with one of my family’s favorite recipes – my Honey Nut Baked Brie Cheese. Since I usually forego the crackers and just eat my melty good Brie on apple slices, it seemed obvious to take this awesome technique from dessert to appetizer. The cheese and honey just ooze down into the apple, and while you can still scoop it onto a cracker, you can even just pull apart the “petals” with a fork or spoon. So in addition to the sweet and crunchy, creamy goodness, you get the juicy, tender apple too, which is just a natural pairing with the cheese and nuts.
This may just be my new go-to way to make my favorite gluten free appetizer. And I’m not fooling!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And get the rest of today’s April Fool’s Day recipes to see how you can trick your family and friends!
Get Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered to your Inbox! Every Friday you’ll see all of the Yummy Eats & Tasty Sweets from the week. Sign up HERE.
A couple of things to help you make this epic baked Brie bloomin’ apples appetizer recipe:
[amazon_link asins=’B005KMKSP0,B0000631ZI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cupkalchi-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’dce7dd5d-de8c-11e7-8247-2dc12d5e375a’]
Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin' Apples
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- To prepare the apples, slice off the top quarter of the apples and scoop out the core. With a sharp knife, make two circular cuts around the core as deep into the apple as possible. Flip the apple upside down and make slits down the apple. See the visual at The Gunny Sack.
- Flip the apples back over and place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Top each apple with about half of the cheese. If using a wheel, slice off the top and bottom rind, slice in half horizontally and press one half firmly over each apple. If using a wedge, remove the top and bottom rind and shape over the apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the nut mixture. Heat a small pan over medium heat and add the nuts, toasting for a few minutes, until they turn slightly brown and give off a nutty aroma. Add the honey, salt, and cinnamon to the nuts and stir to coat.
- Remove the apples and Brie from the oven, top with the nut mixture, and bake for another 10-20 minutes, or until the apple is slightly tender.
- Serve with crackers.
I hope you enjoy the honey nut baked Brie bloomin’ apples!
Here are some more of my fakeout recipes…
- Baked Cauli-Tots
- Blue Cheese Cauliflower Cheesy Breadsticks with Buffalo Marinara
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
Plus the rest of the #SundaySupper April Fool’s Day menu…
- Pina Colada Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Beer Jelly by Brunch with Joy
- Berry Smoothie Incognito by Lifestyle Food Aristry
- Mashed Potato Sundaes by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatloaf Cupcakes by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Broccoli Dip by Cooking Chat
- Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apple by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Sides & Snacks
- Fool Fries by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Super green muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Minion Eggs by Family Foodie
- Mother-In-Law’s Tongue Pasta by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Shepherd’s Trifle by The Joyful Foodie
- Sneaky Veggie Spaghetti Sauce by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato “Frosting” by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- April Fools’ Strawberry Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo & Peas by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Pad Thai with Zoodles by Nosh My Way
- Middle Eastern Roast Chicken with Green Harissa by The Texan New Yorker
- Fake-out Sliders and Fries by The Redhead Baker
- Pot Luck Chili Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Fool by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon and “Egg” Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Poutine by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Cauliflower Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Fudgy Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Fruit Pizza by Whole Food | Real Families
- Mud Pies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gluten Free Joker Cakes by Gluten Free Crumbley