The holiday season is upon is, so #SundaySupper and Certified Angus Beef® brand want to inspire confidence in home cooks to prepare and serve the iconic beef roast as the centerpiece of a special family meal. With the help of the RoastPerfect app guiding me every step of the way, it was easy to make this moist and flavorful Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast.
Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast
Disclosure statement: This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I may create recipes for a living, but there are still some ingredients and cooking techniques that intimidate me. My first few attempts at macarons have been epic failures. Pie crust, well, let’s just say that we aren’t friends. Honestly, I’ve never even made a Thanksgiving turkey. I’m the side dish girl. And when it comes to a beef roast, most likely I’m going to toss it in my slow cooker. Sure, that’s a tasty option, but is it really worthy of a special holiday meal, or better for busy weeknights?
While I am not part of the over 20% of people that have never cooked a roast, I am part of the 40% who cook less than one a year. After one not-so-successful attempt several years ago that ended up in overcooking a pretty pricey piece of meat, I’ve been afraid to try again.
This year, things will be different. I can guarantee that a beef roast will be gracing my Christmas Day table. Why? Because with the right cut of Certified Angus Beef® brand, a few tips from Chef Michael, and support along the way from the RoastPerfect app, I know that in less time than you’d expect, I can make this gorgeous roast…
And it’s not just gorgeous, this Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast tastes amazing. In about five minutes, I stirred together a simple marinade and let my beef soak overnight to absorb all of those flavors. When it was roasting time, I just popped it in the oven. In less than an hour and a half, it was roasted, rested, sliced, and making its way into our mouths. And let me tell you, we had some happy mouths in my house that night.
While the cider and dijon mustard did infuse all kinds of autumn deliciousness, you can’t overlook that I did start with the most exceptional roast on the market. Certified Angus Beef® brand meets 10 exacting standards for quality, and the 1 in 4 Angus cattle that meet these standards produce the tastiest, most tender, and juiciest cuts of beef. Certified Angus Beef® brand has been supporting local farmers and ranchers for nearly 40 years, and is available around the world at only the best grocery stores and steakhouses. Make sure you find restaurants or grocers in your area that sell Certified Angus Beef® brand.
So now that I’ve told you how incredible it tastes, how am I going to help you make this or another roast for your holidays? I’ve already mentioned it, but now I’m going to introduce you to the Roast Perfect app, available for free in iTunes store (for iPhone and iPad) and Google Play (for Android).
The first thing I needed to do was figure out where to buy my Certified Angus Beef® brand roast, and the Roast Perfect app helped me locate the Giant Eagle in Frederick, MD. I wasn’t familiar with some of the roasts available in the store, but with the tools on the app, I was able to select something I’ve never tried before, a tip roast. This cut is perfect if you are looking for a leaner or more economical choice, perhaps for a smaller gathering or dinner party. I was also able to calculate how much I would need for my family.
After scouring the recipes, the Beer and Brown Sugar Marinated Roast caught my eye. I had to make it gluten free, so I decided to start with this recipe, but use a hard apple cider as the base of my marinade instead of beer. One of the coolest features of the app is the Roast Perfect timer – you just plug in your cut, weight, and desired degree of doneness, and it gives you a timer for how long to sear, roast, and rest in order to have the perfect roast (though don’t forget to check it with a meat thermometer, since all ovens vary).
I think my family will all agree that with this handy tool, I was definitely able to Roast Perfect!
Are you ready to roast? Make sure you get more information about Certified Angus Beef® brand on their website, find out where to buy their beef, plus get tons of information and recipes ideas by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. Also, if you aren’t lucky enough to get a live demo from Chef Michael, Chef Ashley, and all of the other culinary geniuses atCertified Angus Beef® brand, make sure you check them out on Periscope for live streaming videos to help you with all of your roasting needs and more.
You’ll also find today’s #SundaySupper recipes and so many more on our Pinterest board featuring fabulous roasts with Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Then make sure you download the RoastPerfect app and check out all of the Certified Angus Beef® brand holiday roast recipes at the bottom of this post.
What roast do you want to make for the holidays this year?
- one 11-12 oz bottle hard apple cider
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon + 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon black pepper
- one 3 pound Certified Angus Beef® ball tip (bottom sirloin) roast
- Combine cider, mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large plastic zippered bag and mix together.
- Place the roast in the bag, close the bag, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and place a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Season roast with an additional 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper, and place on the rack in the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes in preheated oven, then reduce heat to 325°F. Cook approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour (depends on size and thickness of roast) to reach medium (135-140°F) doneness.
- Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes before carving.
Here are some sides to go with that roast…
- Parmesan Balsamic Caramelized Smashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Glazed Green Beans
- Lightened-Up Creamed Spinach au Gratin
And here are all of the #SundaySupper Certified Angus Beef® brand roast recipes for your holiday meals…
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter’s Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Plus Selecting the Perfect Roast by Sunday Supper Movement