Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
And to kick off Christmas Week, I HAD to go over-the-top! Nutella and marshmallow buttercream (made out of… marshmallows!!) sandwiched between two super peanut-buttery cookies. These Flourless Peanut Butter & Nutella S’Mores Sandwich Cookies are ridiculously fun, ridiculously good, ridiculously large, if we are being perfectly honest, and it would be ridiculously silly if you didn’t make them.
Food blogger secret – make one basic recipe, split it up and make several variations, spread the posts out just enough or use one as a guest post on someone else’s blog, and WHAM – holiday timesaver! Sorry, it’s that time of year, we all have to cut corners. And I’ll tell you, you can probably cut corners with this recipe and use a jar of marshmallow fluff, but the marshmallow buttercream is just one of the most unique and fun recipes I’ve tried, so give it a shot.
And then get ready to have your mind blown. Flourless peanut butter cookies just have the most intense peanut butter flavor, and since they are tender and not too sweet, they are perfect for sandwiching gooey, chocolaty Nutella and a fluffy marshmallow buttercream. This is seriously like a bite (a very large bite – these aren’t dainty cookies) of heaven, because I don’t know about you, but my version of heaven has marshmallow clouds, and flowing rivers of peanut butter and chocolate. Basically, you know, Willy Wonka.
Another holiday time saver – make up a batch of these babies, wrap them up individually with some pretty cellophane and ribbon, throw them in the freezer, and if you receive and unexpected gift or guest, wrap a couple up with a cute holiday mug and some hot cocoa mix. Flourless Peanut Butter & Nutella S’Mores Sandwich Cookies are actually pretty easy, and once you get the assembly line going, don’t take that long, but look impressive and taste, well, as I said… ridiculous!!
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Do you have a good basic cookie dough recipe that you use to make several different varieties?
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 2 t baking soda
- 2 c natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 c milk
- 2 c mini marshmallows
- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ½ c powdered sugar
- About 1½-2 c Nutella
- Marshmallow Buttercream or about 2 c marshmallow fluff
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat in the peanut butter until cream.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Form balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough, place on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with you hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the milk and marshmallows and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the marshmallow mixture and vanilla. At this point, it may start to look like it has separated a bit.
- While continuing to whip the frosting, gradually add the powdered sugar and whip until light and creamy.
- Use immediately.
- Spread about ½-1 T Nutella on one of the peanut butter cookies, and about 1 T marshmallow buttercream or marshmallow fluff another cookie and sandwich together gently.
- Store sandwich cookies in the refrigerator (or freeze until needed).
Like these cookies? You can use the same basic cookie dough to make these…
Plus, make sure you visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter