Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole
An easy, cheesy, crispy side dish packed with veggies. Move over tater tots and hash browns and make room for this casserole.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 57 minutes
- 6 cups shredded cauliflower 1 large head - (see Note)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese about 2 cups
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal can also use ground oats or bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 glass or ceramic casserole dish with oil or coking spray.
Place the uncooked shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels and squeeze out the excess moisture.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I like to use a fork.
Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and press down firmly until it is even and packed down.
Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred the cauliflower. You can use the stems as well as the florets, since it is all being shredded and mixed together.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 57.8mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 1.2mg