Easy Beef Egg Roll Bowl
Easy Beef Egg Roll Bowl is a family-friendly keto dinner recipe made in one pan in under 20 minutes. Family isn't low carb? Serve it over rice or noodles!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger (or 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger or ginger paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari (can substitute coconut aminos, but may need to add salt to taste at the end)
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- one 12-16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, sliced scallions for serving, if desired
In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink, breaking up as it cooks. Drain excess grease, if desired.
Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and saute for a minute or two.
Stir in the soy sauce or tamari, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
Add the coleslaw mix and stir in until heated through and slightly wilted, which should take just another three or four minutes.
Spoon into bowls and serve with sriracha hot sauce and sliced scallions, if desired.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe Variations:
- Chicken or Turkey Egg Roll Bowls - substitute an equal amount of ground turkey or chicken.
- Gluten Free Egg Roll Bowls - be sure to use tamari or gluten free soy sauce.
- Low Carb Keto Egg Roll Bowls - use gluten free tamari in place of the soy sauce. Some people on a keto diet prefer to avoid all soy products, so you can use coconut aminos, but this is actually higher in carbs than soy sauce or tamari. Also, you may prefer to use a coleslaw mix that does not contain carrots or just use shredded cabbage. Also be sure to use plain rice vinegar, NOT a seasoned rice vinegar that has added sugar.
- Paleo or Whole 30 Egg Roll Bowls - substitute soy sauce with coconut aminos, and, as with the keto version, avoid seasoned rice vinegar.
- Egg Roll Rice or Noodle Bowl - serve over rice or rice ramen noodles.
- Low Carb Egg Roll Rice or Noodle Bowl - make the keto variation and serve over cauliflower rice, shirataki noodles, or spaghetti squash.
- Egg Roll Lettuce Wraps - make the variation you prefer and scoop into lettuce cups.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3mg