Cauliflower Hash Browns Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
An easy recipe to feed a crowd!
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cauliflower shredded
- additional salt and pepper to season the layers
- up to one small onion diced (can omit or use less)
- two 5 oz packages pre-cooked breakfast sausages sliced (I used turkey sausage. Can also omit, or use about 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled, or bacon, vegetarian sausage crumbles, or chopped ham)
- 8 oz. or about 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Grease or coat a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Lightly beat together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
Place about a third of the shredded cauliflower in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker, and top with about a third of the onion. Season with salt and pepper, the top with about a third of the sausage and a third of the cheese. Repeat the layers two more times.
Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until eggs are set and the top is browned.