Balsamic Blueberry Baked Brie with Bacon + VIDEO
An ooey gooey baked brie - a cheesy appetizer recipe with the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 17 oz brie cheese*
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 shallot minced (2 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (I used Mountain Peak Organic Blueberries from Cascadian Farm)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Crackers, toasted baguette, apples, etc., for serving.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place brie round on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut into the rind on the top of the brie about a quarter inch from the edge. Do not remove the rind.
Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melted.
While the Brie is baking, in a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and place on paper towels. Leave about 1 Tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan.
Reduce heat to medium low, add shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until they become translucent.
Add the frozen blueberries, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the pan, stir and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the mixture is thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in the bacon.
Move the hot brie to a serving plate. Carefully remove the top rind using a sharp knife to separate it, if needed.
Top brie with blueberry mixture and serve with crackers, baguette, apple, etc.
- Recipe adapted from the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council and RecipeGirl.
- If you can't find a large wheel of brie (I bought mine at Costco), you could just have more berries on one of the smaller rounds from the grocery store, or use half and save the rest of the berry mixture for another use.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 0.2mg