Tzatziki Chicken Salad
Made with Greek yogurt and ingredients from classic Tzatziki sauce plus the salty bite of feta cheese, this easy chicken salad is a fresh and healthy twist on the traditional recipe. Serve it in pitas, lettuce wraps, on a salad, and more.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 1-1 1/3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the end off of the cucumber, peel, and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape the seeds out of the center and discard. Then dice into about 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dill.
Add the chicken, feta, and reserved cucumber, and fold together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve on a sandwich, salad, lettuce wraps, celery, crackers, pita, etc.
Serving: 0.5cup (approximately) | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 91IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg