Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
A summer version of the classic Cobb salad recipe. Healthy, fresh, and satisfying!
- 6-8 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium orange, cut into segments
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked and cubed (about two cups, or one small or two large breasts)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered or chopped
- 8 Tablespoons poppyseed salad dressing, storebought or homemade
- minced parsley, optional for garnish
Divide the spinach between four plate or bowls.
Top each plate of spinach with about a quarter of the strawberries, avocado, orange, and chicken, one slice of crumbled bacon, 1 oz. (about a two Tablespoons) goat cheese, one Tablespoon almonds, and one egg.
Drizzle each salad with about two Tablespoons of dressing. Garnish with minced parsley, if desired.
Serve as-is or toss before serving. You can also toss all of the ingredients in one large bowl and divide between individual plates or bowls.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 266mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 947mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4829IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 4mg