Cheesy Maple Dijon Chicken Foil Packets with Veggies
Chicken foil packets that you can cook on the grill or in the oven filled with veggies and a creamy, tangy sauce and melted cheddar cheese make dinner easy to prepare and even easier to clean up.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Marinating time 1 hour
- 2-4 chicken breasts (about 1-½ lbs total. If they are very large and you only need two, slice in half lengthwise)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- About 1 lb sweet potatoes , sliced into ¼ inch thick rings or semicircles
- 8 oz. mushrooms , cleaned and halved
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Vermont Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Minced chives or green onions , optional
Combine the olive oil, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and Dijon mustard in a small bow, and stir until thoroughly combined.
Place the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and pour about half the mixture over the chicken. Seal the bag and massage to coat the chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Reserve the rest of the maple Dijon mixture.
Preheat your oven to 400°F or your grill to medium-high, about 400°F.
Cut four (18x12-inch) sheets of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil and spray with cooking spray.
Divide the vegetables between the sheets of foil. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Remove the chicken from the bag and place one chicken breast (or chicken breast half) on top of the veggies on each foil sheet.
Place foil packets on the grill for 20-25 minutes or in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (exact timing will depend on the thickness of your chicken).
Open the foil packs and top each with about 2 Tablespoons of the remaining maple Dijon mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Leave on the grill or in the oven for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove foil packets from the grill or oven, and top with chives or green onions as desired and serve.
Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 1391mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 17660IU | Vitamin C: 52.9mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 2.5mg