Easy BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store, use up leftovers, or even make a new batch in your slow cooker to make this easy dinner recipe the family will love. With your favorite barbecue sauce and cheese, what's not to love?!
- 8 tostada shells or 8 corn tortillas, brushed lightly with olive oil and baked for 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mary uses mozzarella in the cookbook, but I have also used cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out the tostada shells (or baked tortillas) on two rimmed baking sheets.
Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce in a small bowl, and stir to coat.
Divide the chicken between the tostada shells and top with the cheese (about ¼ cup on each).
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Serving: 2tostadas | Calories: 693kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1730mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 359mg | Iron: 2.3mg