Easy Homestyle Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes
A new family favorite side dish for busy weeknights or holiday meals. Lightened-up with Greek yogurt and made fast and easy with five ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 pounds white or red potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, (1 cup) - reserve about 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top, if desired
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk, any variety
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, reserve a small amount for sprinkling on top, if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
Cover potatoes in a pot with cold water, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain well and return potatoes to the pot, allowing some of the excess moisture to evaporate.
Mash potatoes with a hand potato masher, leaving just a little chunky.
Sprinkle the cheese over the hot potatoes and cover with a lid for a couple minutes to allow the heat to start to melt the cheese.
Add the Greek yogurt, milk, salt, and pepper, and stir in with a spatula until smooth, then stir in the bacon.
Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl, and top with reserved cheese and bacon, if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3.3% | Vitamin C: 15.7% | Calcium: 17% | Iron: 20.9%