Kentucky Hot Brown Dip
Takes the classic Southern open-faced sandwich and transforms it into a gooey hot appetizer dip.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature (I used light)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt I used nonfat
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 oz. about 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, divided (I used Cabot Extra Sharp)
- 2 cups cooked and chopped turkey
- one small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 6 slices bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese can also use parmesan
- Crackers sliced baguette, vegetables for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, nutmeg, 4 oz. (about 1 cup) cheddar, and turkey until thoroughly combined.
Transfer to a glass baking dish and spread evenly.
Top with tomato, bacon, the remaining 2 oz cheddar cheese, and the pecorino romano cheese.
Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, and lightly browned.
Serve with crackers, baguette slices, and veggies for dipping.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 125mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 0.3mg