Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1-1 1/2 lb strawberries, washed and dried
- 4 oz. regular or light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar or powdered sugar free sweetener, like Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, or candy melts
- Optional sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed graham crackers, etc.
Remove the hull from the strawberries, and, using a paring knife, cut a slightly larger cavity into the strawberry. You can also use a strawberry huller, but you might still want to cut a larger opening.
In a small bowl, combine the light cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
Using a piping bag or plastic storage bag with the tip cut off, pipe the cheesecake filling into the strawberries.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or over a pot of simmering water. Follow package directions, if given. Otherwise, microwave in 15-30 second increments, stirring after each interval until melted.
Dip the cheesecake end into the chocolate, then into the graham crackers, nuts, or sprinkles, if desired.
Stand up on the chocolate-dipped end.
Store in the refrigerator until serving.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg