Dark Cocoa Superfood Granola
This Dark Cocoa Superfood Granola is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and protein. Oh, and chocolate!
Wet Mixture Ingredients:
- 1/4 c dark cocoa powder I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c coconut oil melted and cooled (or use olive or even walnut oil)
- 1/2 c honey preferably raw, local honey, or for strict vegans, agave nectae or maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t kosher salt
Dry Mixture Ingredients:
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 c ground flax seeds
- 1/2 c seeds I used 1/4 c each chia seeds and sesame seeds
- 3 c chopped nuts I used 1 c each walnuts, pistachios, and almonds
- 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-1 1/2 c dried fruit I used 1/3 c each dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, and pomegranate juice infused cranberries
Preheat your oven to 250°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
In a small bowl, combine the Wet Mixture Ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine the Dry Mixture Ingredients, EXCEPT the dried fruit.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and toss until it is evenly distributed and moistened.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, or until dry.
Toss the dried fruits in with the granola mixture.
Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.