Zucchini Tater Tots
Zucchini Tater Tots take a childhood favorite and make it just a bit healthier. And these are gluten free!
- 1 c shredded potatoes I didn't peel mine, but you can do as you wish
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1/4 c cornmeal
- 1/4 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 t kosher salt I used 1/2 t, but felt it could have used a bit more
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1 egg
Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
Gather the shredded potatoes and zucchini into a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
Place the potatoes and zucchini in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Your hads are probably the best tool for the job.
Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin pan (I used a small cookie scoop), and press them down a bit. You should get about 20 tots.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.