The Bug's Ultimate Bacon, Corn & Avocado Grilled Cheese
All of my little guy's favorite foods packed into his favorite sandwich.
Servings 4 -6
- 2 ears of corn cut from the cob, or about 3/4-1 c corn
- 1 avocado cut into think slices, and then into about 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c about 4 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 c about 2 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz about 5-6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 8-12 slices of bread depending on how big the slices are and how many sandwiches you want to make, I used rye and Rudi's Gluten Free
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil divided
In a medium bowl, combine the corn, avocado, bacon, cheeses, and Greek yogurt.
Divide the mixture evenly between half of the bread slices, and top with another slice of bread.
Spread a thin layer of butter on each of the bread slices (both sides of the sandwich)
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat (if cooking in two or more batches, divide the olive oil accordingly).
Cook the sandwiches for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Covering the pan with a lid during cooking will help the inside get all warm and gooey before the bread gets too browned.