Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie (with optional "Green")
Creamy chocolate & pumpkinny spice, yet this Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie is healthy enough for breakfast. You can even add the optional "green"!
Servings 1 -2
- 1/2-3/4 c milk of choice I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2-1 t pumpkin pie spice I like the full 1 t, or use 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t ginger, 1/8 t nutmeg, pinch cloves
- 2 T cocoa powder
- half frozen ripe banana plus one 5.3-6 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt OR one full frozen ripe banana plus 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- Optional handful of baby spinach or regular spinach or kale or other leafy green of choice
- 3-4 ice cubes
Combine 1/2 c milk and all of the ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add enough ice cubes and additional milk, if needed, and blend to achieve your desired consistency.