Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles
Amazing truffles made from flourless, eggless chocolate peanut butter "cookie dough" wrapped around tiny peanut butter cups, then dipped in chocolate!
Servings 24 -30
- One 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- 4 Tbl honey or to taste (substitute agave or maple syrup for strict vegan)
- ½ c peanut butter I used natural
- 1 t vanilla
- About 24-30 mini peanut butter cups the tiny, unwrapped ones in a package
- About 16 oz. melting chocolate chocolate wafers or almond bark (white, dark or milk), if desired for dipping, or cocoa powder, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, etc.
- Options sprinkles or other decorations if desired
Combine the chickpeas, cocoa powder, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla in your food processor.
Process until a dough consistency forms, stopping to scrape down the sides, as needed.
Transfer cookie dough to a bowl or storage container. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough for a bit before making the truffles.
Take about 1 tablespoon of dough, flatten a bit, roll it around a mini peanut butter cup and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough and peanut butter cups.
If using one of the dry coatings, roll in the cocoa powder, toasted coconut, chopped nuts, or other desired coating before placing in the refrigerator. Otherwise, refrigerate the undipped truffles for at least 30 minutes or so.
If using, melt the chocolate as per package instructions, dip each truffle, and place on wax paper to cool, adding sprinkles or other decorations before chocolate is set.
Once chocolate is set, store truffles in the refrigerator.