Gluten Free Banana Snack Cake with Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting
A moist, sweet snack or healthier dessert every little monkey will love.
For the cake:
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oat flour see Note, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder certified gluten-free, if necessary
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup milk at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
For the frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature (I used light)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt I used nonfat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
For the cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray or mist with oil, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, oat flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and milk.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently to combine.
Stir in the mashed bananas.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until slightly browned and firm to the touch.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan on a rack, then remove from the pan and cool to room temperature directly on the rack.
Frost with Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting.
Barely adapted from Simply Gourmet
Oat flour was made by grinding oats in a food processor or blender until a powder. If any large pieces remain, they can be sifted out.