Chewy Trail Mix Granola Bars
A healthy snack for kids that are nut-, gluten- and dairy-free, but packed full of nutritious and delicious ingredients.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats certified gluten free, if necessary
- 2 Tablespoons honey agave or maple syrup would likely work, if strict vegan
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips dairy free, if desired
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 10x15 in. baking pan with parchment paper.
Place all the ingredients except the water in a food processor and pulse until combines and slightly chopped.
Add the water and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
Spread evenly into the prepared pan and press down firmly with a spatula.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm, but still chewy and slightly moist on the bottom.
Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely.
Cut into bars about 1 inch wide and 3 to 4 inches long.
Store in the refrigerator.