Flourless Coconut Almond Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
A simple, rich treat worthy of special occasion. Gluten friendly!
Servings 14 cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz bittersweet chocolate cut into chunks, I use one 3.5 ounce bar Green & Black's Organic 70% Dark chocolate
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg.
Add the almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, coconut, and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined.
Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Form balls with about 2 tablespoons of dough, place about six or seven on each baking sheet, a couple of inches apart, and press down to form thick disks.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set but still slightly soft to the touch.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.2mg