Gluten Free Pumpkin Snack Cake
A healthy gluten free pumpkin cake that's perfect for fall. Topped with sweet cream cheese frosting.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 33 minutes
Total Time 48 minutes
For the cake:
- ¾ cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup oat flour (old fashioned oats that have been ground to a flour in a food processor or blender, certified gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or Swerve granular erythritol sweetener or brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or Swerve Confectioners erythritol sweetener or powdered sugar
For the cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or mist with oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal and oat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk and pumpkin.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until slightly browned and firm to the touch.
Let cool to room temperature.
Frost with Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2435IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 0.9mg