Sriracha Coconut Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potatoes
A creamy East meets West version of a spicy comfort food soup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock, plus additional, if needed
- 45 oz canned black beans rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot sauce or to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 16 oz Cascadian Farm Premium Organic Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- salt and pepper
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sautee until softened and translucent, 5-7 minutes.
Add garlic and saute for another minute or two.
Add two cans of beans and 2 cup stock, and bring a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through and everything is soft.
Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
Return soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk, sriracha, and lime juice. Add the rest of the beans and the sweet potatoes.
Cover, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until hot. Adjust thickness, if needed, with additional stock or water, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 943mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 163.9% | Vitamin C: 14% | Calcium: 7.8% | Iron: 20%