Best Homemade Vodka Sauce
A rich and creamy pasta sauce recipe that takes only minutes to make, but tastes amazing. Serve it over noodles or zoodles as-is, or add chicken, shrimp, prosciutto, peas, or broccoli.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 servings (about 1/2 cup each)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (2 ounces or 1/2 stick)
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes (I use the Tuttorosso brand which has basil in it. If you use another brand without basil, you may want to add a pinch)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pasta or zucchini noodles for serving
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the vodka and red pepper flakes (if using), bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes to cook out the alcohol.
Add the crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for about five minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Stir in the cream and cook for another five minutes, then stir in the cheese.
Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles.
Nutrition values are only for sauce. Does not include pasta.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 613IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg