Sparkling Cider Apple Chutney
An easy sweet and savory fruity topping with four serving ideas for appetizers, or to top chicken, pork, or salads.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the chutney:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped into about 1/4 inch cubes - I used Fuji)
- 1 cup Martinelli's Sparkling Cider or Sparkling Apple-Pear Juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- pinch kosher salt
- Brie Crostini - toasted baguette slices with chutney, a slice of Brie cheese and chopped pecans
- Appetizer - Cucumber slices with goat cheese, chutney, and optional crumbled bacon, if desired
- Blue Cheese Crostini toasted baguette slices with chutney and crumbled blue cheese
- Cheese Board - Place chutney on top of a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers
Add oil to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
Add the shallot and saute for a minute or two until translucent.
Stir in the chopped apple, Martinelli's Sparkling Cider or Juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, and dried cranberries, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Remove mixture from the heat, and stir in thyme and salt to taste.
Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve according to the serving options above, create your own, or use to top chicken, pork, etc.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.2mg