Buffalo Chicken Poutine on Potato Waffles
A spicy spin on the usual loaded French Fries, spiralized potatoes are topped with plenty of buffalo chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Buffalo hot sauce plus additional if desired
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper more or less, to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese and/or Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing or your favorite blue cheese dressing
Place the chicken, hot sauce, butter, and Worcestershire in a small saucepan, cover and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping around in the sauce once or twice, or until cooked through and can be shredded with a fork. When done, shred and return the chicken to the sauce, keeping warm until needed.
While the chicken is cooking, preheat your waffle iron.
Spiralize or shred potatoes, and squeeze out excess moisture in paper towels or a kitchen towel.
Place about a quarter of the potatoes in the waffle iron, press down the lid firmly, and cook until crispy. You will likely need to cook it longer than typical for making waffles (even after your indicator light shows that it is done).
Remove potato waffles from the waffle iron, season with salt and pepper, and cut into quarters.
Top potato waffle wedges with chicken, plus crumbled blue cheese and/or blue cheese dressing and additional hot sauce, if desired.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 735mg | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.2mg