Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp
And easy but impressive seafood dinner with so many flavors and textures.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or butternut squash, spralized
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (I used 41/50 medium shrimp)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts I baked them in the oven while it was preheating
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato noodles with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes and garlic.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
Add the shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes until they start to turn pink. Turn the shrimp and cook for another minute or two.
Stir in the the Greek yogurt and honey and toss to coat.
Add sweet potato noodles, blue cheese, and walnuts to the pan, and toss gently to mix.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 312mg | Sodium: 2009mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 16380IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 424mg | Iron: 3.7mg