Posted by https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/strawberry-cheesecake-french-toast-roll-ups/
© 2014 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll-Ups for #BrunchWeek (#Giveaway)
Sweet and creamy strawberry cheesecake filling rolled up into a morning favorite for a fun breakfast or brunch.
For the French Toast Roll-Ups
- 12 slices sandwich bread (I used whole wheat)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp Dixie Cinnamon Sugar or 2 Tbsp granulated sugar plus 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
For the French Toast Roll-Ups:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- Evenly spread about 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top of each slice of bread and top with a scant tablespoon of the strawberries.
- Roll up tightly, setting seam side down.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip each roll up into the egg mixture to coat completely, shake off the excess, and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and brush the top of each roll-up with melted butter. Flip the roll-ups and brush the other side with butter.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the roll-ups finish baking, place the cinnamon-sugar in a small bowl, or combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Immediately after taking the roll-ups out of the oven, roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle with Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Drizzle.
For the Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Loading nutrition data...