Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats is an easy way to get your PSL fix in a satisfying and healthy breakfast you can make ahead! Pumpkin overnight oatmeal with a caffeine kick from real coffee plus pumpkin pie spice is the ultimate way to start the day for Starbucks lovers. It’s one of the best gluten-free pumpkin recipes!
Originally published on Aug 7, 2017
Ah, the PSL. It’s everywhere these days. And if you don’t know what a PSL is, well what rock are you living under?
Kidding, I’m kidding. I would never insult my readers like that. It’s just that it seems like the day that Starbucks announces that Pumpkin Spice Latte season is officially open, the hordes flock to the doors of the coffee shop adorned with that familiar green and white logo and immediately start Instagramming their #shotofcoffee.
Guess what, you guys…
I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte.
So I feel like a bit of a fraud with today’s recipe, but, I don’t know, I’m weird about my coffee-type beverage things. And my pumpkin-type things. Both of which I usually prefer cold like my Individual Pumpkin Custard, sweet like my Iced Blended Coffee, and quite often loaded with chocolate like Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Rolls.
So I took the PSL, and made it a cold and sweet overnight oatmeal recipe, and maybe not totally loaded with chocolate.
Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal that Tastes Like a PSL
Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats is totally dreamy. This easy meal prep breakfast is made with real pumpkin and coffee for a healthy fall make-ahead oatmeal recipe that tastes like a Starbucks PSL!
Pumpkin truly tastes best when accompanied with pumpkin pie spice, with the warm flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg and their comforting aromas enhancing the earthy, natural sweetness of the pumpkin. But there is something about the slight smokiness of coffee that truly adds to this combination as well.
What is in a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
The classic PSL is made with the addition of a Pumpkin Spice Sauce added to the usual base of espresso and steamed milk. The Pumpkin Spice Sauce contains sugar, milk, pumpkin puree, and additional colors and flavors, including the traditional pumpkin spice flavor of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. The coffee drink is then topped with whipped cream and more pumpkin pie spice.
Now just combine all the essential flavor elements of the Starbucks favorite fall drink with the key components of overnight oats, but give everything a healthier upgrade to turn it into a nourishing and satisfying breakfast!
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details.
But don’t skip my PRO TIPS below!
- Chilled coffee
- Milk (dairy or non-dairy, such as almond milk or oat milk)
- Pumpkin puree
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar, honey, Stevia, or another sweetener
- Chia seeds
- Old fashioned oats
Directions overview – scroll to the recipe card for the full set of instructions
- In a bowl or mason jar, stir together all of the ingredients except the oats.
- Stir in the oats.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight. You can keep them in the fridge for several days if you like.
- Stir before serving, adding additional milk, if needed.
Brianne’s pro recipe tips
- Old fashioned rolled oats are recommended for overnight oatmeal, and not instant oats.
- If you have leftover coffee, you can chill it in the fridge overnight, or use cold brew that you’ve made or bought in a bottle.
- Give yourself a little caffeine kick, or make it decaf – that’s totally up to you.
- Some people may prefer just a hint of pumpkin pie spice, but others may want to add a bit more, which is why there is a range listed in the recipe.
- If you like a little texture, you can top your overnight oats with a few cacao nibs or mini chips or pepitas. Chocolate and pumpkin is a surprisingly delicious combination.
- Overnight oats are the perfect meal prep breakfast. Make it in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge for several days.
Are Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats gluten free?
Gluten Free Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. This information is solely based on my research and personal experience, and I provide it as a courtesy to my readers. Please consult your doctor or medical professional for any questions as it relates to your needs, particularly if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten allergy or intolerance. Products, manufacturing facilities, and ingredients change frequently, so you should always contact the manufacturer for the latest information.
While the classic PSL is gluten free, if the Frappuccino version is more your thing, there is always a risk for cross-contamination in those Starbucks blenders.
Not so with this overnight oatmeal recipe. As long as you use certified gluten free oats, you should be good. However, I would recommend either making the pumpkin pie spice yourself (as single spices are nearly always gluten free), or be sure to use a brand that you know is gluten free.
What are more ways to make overnight oats?
Here is more pumpkin for breakfast…
- Chocolate Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Whole Wheat Apple Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies from A Dash of Sanity are like dessert for breakfast.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls from Living Locurto are the perfect way to indulge a little.
- Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats from Rachel Cooks is a warmed up pumpkin oatmeal.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/4 cup milk I use Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar or equivalent amount of honey, stevia, or sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats gluten free, if necessary
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips cacao nibs, or pepitas, optional
- Additional milk if needed
- In a bowl or jar, combine all of the ingredients except the oats and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the oats and stir until moistened.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- If desired, stir in additional milk to desired consistency before serving, and sprinkle on toppings.