This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Coconut Cookies are sugar Free, dairy-free, gluten-free and grain-free too! They come together quickly and are made of super healthy ingredients. This is one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes!
I am excited to welcome Adrienne from Whole New Mom. Adrienne and I first started chatting as we were eyeing up each others recipes over on Google+. I’m still learning when it comes to making healthy treats, especially gluten free ones, but she has it down! Plus most of her recipes are or can be made dairy-, sugar- and egg-free. And she has a whole bunch of other healthy living information and tips which make this lifestyle so do-able. Round out dinner by checking out Love Bakes Good Cakes for some Healthy Meals or The NY Melrose Family for some Healthy Snack Ideas in our #EatHealthy15 Series.
No Bake Coconut Cookies
I love baking healthy treats, and have loved baking for as long as I can remember.
But one thing I am starting to love more than that is “no baking.”
What I mean by that is “no bake desserts” like these no bake cookies.
I love them for so many reasons–mainly because I am busy.
I mean, baking treats and snacks for my family is something that I love to do–and do often, but recently life has been just crazy and keeping up with 2 hungry boys (and a hungry dad) while being on special diets can make baking into a chore.
That’s where no bake desserts like these “Grasshopper” Chocolate Mint Bars, Almond Joy Bars, Nut Butter Truffles, Homemade Protein Bars, and Chocolate Avocado Truffles come in.
I don’t need an oven. And I only need a little bit of time to serve up something super healthy–and super yummy–for my family. And I must admit that I really enjoy snacking on them myself too.
That’s it. And easy peasy dessert that comes together so fast.
We’ve turned to this recipe over and over again when we need something sweet fast and even once took them to a potluck where they were gobbled up by healthy and non-healthy-eating folk alike.
Hope you enjoy the coconut cookies as much as we do.
No Bake Coconut Cookies
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup xylitol or sweetener of choice (see notes)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 3/8 tsp salt
- chocolate chips or carob chips melted, for drizzle
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- finely chopped nuts
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Process all ingredients until the mixture is blended and sticks together. (If you are using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, make sure to not turn your machine on high to prevent over-blending Coconut Butter.)
- Remove mixture from the blender or food processor and form into balls or other desired shape. Alternatively, you could press the entire mixture into a pan and cut them into bar shapes.
- For a low carb option, I used xylitol. Using a little less of my Low Carb Sugar Substitute would work great as would 4 scoops stevia extract. Alternatively, use 1/2 of one sweetener and 1/2 stevia, as mentioned in this post.
Following are the other no bake desserts I mentioned earlier in the post.
No Bake Low Carb “Almond Joy” Bars
Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Easy Truffle Recipe
Chocolate Avocado Truffles, with a kick!
Low Carb No Bake Grasshopper Bars
As an extra bonus, all of the above no bake treats are grain free and sugar free and have no dairy or eggs either, so they are great for almost any special diet.
If i was to use coconut sugar, would it be 1/2 cup?
I have not tried it, but that would be a good estimate to substitute.
I’m new to sugar substitutes…how much is a “scoop” of stevia? I have a little jar of Sweet leaf but it didn’t come with a scoop. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay. Adrienne gives some tips on Stevia here – http://wholenewmom.com/health-concerns/how-to-like-stevia/
[…] No Bake Coconut Cookies from Whole New Mom […]
[…] No Bake Coconut Cookies are a great treat you can make in a flash, plus they’re grain free, sugar free, egg free, and […]
How fun are these cookies! And no-bake recipe always winning.