Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttps://cupcakesandkalechips.com/mint-chocolate-chip-glazed-popcorn/
© 2014 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Mint Chocolate Chip Glazed Popcorn
A fun and healthy snack that reminds you of your favorite ice cream treat!
cups popped popcorn (see Note*)
Tbsp honey (should be able to use agave or maple syrup for strict vegan)
Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
tsp mint extract
a few drops green food coloring (optional)
Tbsp (or more, if desired) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small pot, combine honey and butter or coconut oil over low heat, and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, mint extract and food coloring (if using)
- Drizzle mixture over popped popcorn and gently stir until evenly coated. This may take a couple of minutes to ensure the glaze is evenly distributed.
- Spread popcorn into a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and stir, then spread back out into a single layer.
- Return to the oven and bake in 3 minute intervals, stirring each time until the popcorn is nearly dry. You will probably need two or three more 3 minute intervals. Be careful to avoid burning the popcorn.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a couple minutes, then use a spatula to push the popcorn pieces close together. Carefully sprinkle the chocolate chips over the popcorn, trying to keep most of it on the popcorn and not falling through and landing on the baking sheet (some will, which is okay). The chips will slightly melt and adhere to the popcorn.
- Allow to cool completely, until the chocolate chips have resolidified. Popcorn will continue to harden as it cools. Store in an airtight container, if it lasts that long.