This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I mean, meat and seafood is what pops into most people’s minds first when they are thinking about protein. Other than a few non-animal sources, meat is the only source of the full set of amino acids to make a complete protein. With meat and fish, we do need to consider things like antibiotic and saturated fat content, but I will leave that to each of you to make your choices in that area regarding the source, cuts, etc. of animal proteins you choose, as I am not a nutritionist or an expert in this area. But what I will provide to you are some delicious ways to use those proteins, once you have made your choices.
Besides the great list below, check out my Dinner Inspiration, Soup & Stew Inspiration, Slow Cooker Inspiration, and Seafood Inspiration Boards for lots of meaty and fishy goodness! Plus I have tons of other personal and group Pinterest boards that will have more great protein-packed recipes. Follow me and you’ll see new things being pinned all the time from myself and hundreds of foodie friends.
And I have a couple of great new meaty dishes coming up for you later this week!
Beef Protein Power
- Sundried Tomato, Rosemary & Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef with Eggplant from Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Knead to Cook
Poultry Protein Power
- Rosemary Balsamic Roast Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Bake from High Heels & Grills
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup from Clark’s Condensed
Pork Protein Power
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spicy Sausage & Shell Soup from Just My Crazy Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple and Anaheim Chili Salsa from Pineapple & Coconut
Fish Protein Power
- Maple Sesame Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Basa Filets with Garlic Butter & Almonds from Bibi’s Culinary Journey
- Tilapia in a White Wine Mushroom-Scallion Sauce from A Healthy Jalapeno
Shellfish Protein Power
- Tropical Shrimp Salad with Honey Chipotle Dressing from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Healthy Lobster Bisque from The Science of Eating
- Scallops Hong Kong Style from Magnolia Days
Follow me so you never miss a recipe or cute picture of my kids!
You can also have Cupcakes & Kale chips delivered to your inbox by entering your email address in the left sidebar.
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Instagram | StumbleUpon